YACS – Mental Health & Wellbeing
If you are a Young Adult Carer and feel that you need to talk then please ring 01702 393933 or email us at email@example.com.
If you do not want to talk to one of us at Southend Carers then you can access the following services who will provide you with information and support on a variety of topics related to mental health and well-being.
- Kooth.com Kooth provides Emotional and mental health support online for individuals aged 11-24 years.
- Rethink Provides information on groups and services for individuals suffering from severe mental illness that are available to you for the area you live in.
- Young Minds: Looking after yourself at university provides support and tips on how to help your mental health whilst being at university.
- Hope Again Provides support for individuals who are grieving due to the loss of a family member or partner.
- https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/sleep-problems/about-sleep-and-mental-health/ Ways of how to cope with problems sleeping.
- A-Z Mental Health Manual – An A-Z manual of mental health disorders.
- 8 Tips for Healthy Eating – Provides information on tips for healthy eating
- One to One support Provides a well-being service and has information and guidance on issues such as low confidence and low self-esteem, provides support for individuals of the LGBTQ community and individuals who are experiencing difficulties with their physical and or mental health.
- Talk to Frank – Information and advice on substance misuse
- Tips to beat insomnia – Tips on how to beat insomnia.
- Sexual Health – Information on sexual health, including STI’s, advice, support and more.
- Young Adults: Support and Advice – Support and advice on topics that relate to well-being, relationships, schoolwork/work stress, life issues and more.
- Barnardo’s Covid-19 Helpline – Well-being platform for members of the Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.