YACS – Life Skills
If you are a Young Adult Carer and feel that you need to talk then please ring 01702 393933 or email us at email@example.com.
If you do not want to talk to one of us at Southend Carers then you can access the following services who will provide you with information and support on a variety of topics related to mental health and well-being.
Learning life skills is an asset for every individual to help succeed at life. Listed below are some life skills that 16-25-year olds could find essential for their everyday life.
- The Mix This service offers a range of support and information on topics related to life and well-being, such as Money, Education, Drugs, Alcohol and more.
- Time Management – Tips on how to have better time management.
- Laundry Tips – Tips and Tricks on how to do your washing.
- How to pay bills Tips on how to pay your bills.
- https://www.redcross.org.uk/first-aid/learn-first-aid –First Aid skills.
- Student Recipes – Jamie Oliver student recipes that are easy and cheap to make
- https://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/student-travel-card/ – 16-25 Railcard for 1/3 off ticket prices
- https://www.southen.gov.uk/apprenticeships/apprenticeships-1 – What are apprenticeships?
- Adult Community College – Adult college for adults who want to carry on their education and to learn new skills, it is based in Westcliff, Leigh on Sea and Southchurch.
- CV’s and Cover Letters -Information on CV’s, how to do different types of CVs and what information to put on them.