YACS – Education
If you do not want to talk to one of us at Southend Carers then you can access the following services who will provide you with information and support on a variety of topics related to mental health and well-being.
Even though you are a Young Adult Carer it is still possible for you to achieve your dreams and aspirations. The following links provide information for carers wanting to apply to university and the support that is available for students in College and university and even apprenticeships.
- UCAS: Student’s caring responsibilities – Information and support for students who have caring responsibilities aged 16-25.
- UCAS: Scholarships, Bursaries and Grants Information on the grants and bursaries that are available for care, leavers, estranged students, and carers.
- Undergraduate Courses – Relevant links available to help decide what to do for your undergraduate degree, finance and how to apply to university.
- University of Essex: Student Carers Information and Support for student carers.
- Anglia Ruskin: Financial Support Financial support for carers.
- South Essex College: Safeguarding and Pastoral support – Provides safeguarding and pastoral support for people in a variety of circumstances.
- Apprenticeships – What are apprenticeships
- Finding Apprenticeships – Information on how to find apprenticeships
- Adult Community College – Adult college for adults who want to carry on their education and to learn new skills, it is based in Westcliff, Leigh on Sea and Southchurch.