Carers Rights Day 2023
Your rights: today, tomorrow and in the future
Carers Rights Day – Thursday 23 November 2023
Southend Carers hosted an event at Porters Civic House to promote carers rights in Southend on Carers Right Day.
Many thanks to our carers who courageously shared their powerful caring journeys; to practitioners and professionals alike who engaged with the topic of unpaid carers and to The Worshipful The Mayor of Southend-on-Sea, Cllr Habermel for taking time to join us.
Here are some of the photos.
Carers UK constantly campaigns for:
Your rights, right now
- Flexable working
- Asking your GP practice to identify you as a carer
- Free flu jab
- Have a carer’s assessment
- If the person you care for is being discharged from hospital
New rights, right around the corner
The Carer’s Leave Act…
- A legal right to request up to five days unpaid leave every twelve months
With the introduction of the new Employment Relations (Flexible Working) Act…
- Ask their employer for changes to their working hours, times of work, or place of work, from day one. And being
*All information from the Carers UK website
You can read more on Carers UK website