Southend Carers is Supporting You
- Emergency – 999
- NHS non-emergency – 111 * Police non-emergency – 101
- Samaritans – 116 123 (24 hour helpline) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southend Social Care – Outside of office hours please contact the Emergency Duty Service 0845 606 1212 (365 days a year)
The Southend Carers team are all working and look forward to hearing from you.
- Counselling (face-to-face sessions) with Southend Carers is continuing. We are also offering our Telephone Support Service, with a focus on the isolated, elderly and vulnerable – please contact us for further information.
- TrustLinks our partner charity also offers Listening Support, please contact us for further information.
- Samaritans are available 24/7 call Freephone 116 123 or visit https://www.samaritans.org/
- The Silverline a confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people call Freephone 0800 4 70 80 90 or visit https://www.thesilverline.org.uk/
- Advocacy – If you require Southend Carers to make a referral on your behalf to our partner charities Citizens Advice Southend (CAS) or South Essex Advocacy Services (SEAS) – please contact us for further information.
Citizens Advice Southend can help with Employment, Benefits, Debt, Housing, Immigration or Universal Credit. You can call Citizens Advice Southend (CAS) directly on 01702 456352 or 01702 456354.
To visit the Young Carers page please click here
Carers Contingency and Future Planning
Having a Carers Emergency Plan in place can help if you are suddenly unable to continue providing care because of illness or other emergency. It may clarify what your cared-for’s condition and needs are. Find out more here.