Coronavirus information page
Southend Carers is Virtually Open – Supporting You
Page updated 17 March 2021
- Emergency – 999
- NHS non-emergency – 111 * Police non-emergency – 101
- Samaritans – 116 123 (24 hour helpline) or email email@example.com
- Southend Social Care – Outside of office hours please contact the Emergency Duty Service 0845 606 1212 (365 days a year)
The Southend Carers team are all working and look forward to hearing from you.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call: 01702 393933 (if you are asked to leave a message please include your name and telephone number, and we will call you back)
- register: if you wish to register with us – please click here
* Southend Carers office is currently closed to visitors as the SAVS building is shut due to Coronavirus health and safety measures *
- Counselling (face-to-face sessions) with Southend Carers is currently suspended – we are continuing to support through our Telephone Support Service, with a focus on the isolated, elderly and vulnerable – please contact us for further information.
- TrustLinks our partner charity also offers Counselling and Listening Support, please contact us for further information.
- Samaritans are available 24/7 call Freephone 116 123 or visit https://www.samaritans.org/
- The Silverline a confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people call Freephone 0800 4 70 80 90 or visit https://www.thesilverline.org.uk/
- Bookable Respite is available for unpaid adult carers (who are registered with us) and are caring for another adult. A break for a few hours in the daytime can be provided for an emergency, a hospital or GP appointment, urgent food shopping, medicine collection or similar reason within the Government’s rules on social distancing – please contact us.
One week’s notice is usually required for the first booking. Subsequent bookings usually require at least three days’ notice. This is not a regular or weekly service.
- Advocacy – If you require Southend Carers to make a referral on your behalf to our partner charities Citizens Advice Southend (CAS) or South Essex Advocacy Services (SEAS) – please contact us for further information.
Citizens Advice Southend can help with Employment, Benefits, Debt, Housing, Immigration or Universal Credit. You can call Citizens Advice Southend (CAS) directly on 01702 456352 or 01702 456354.
To visit the Young Carers page please click here
Carers Emergency Plan
If you have a Carers Emergency Plan in place, and you are suddenly unable to continue providing care because of illness or other emergency – Find out more here.
Roadmap out of lockdown GOV.uk
There are a series of Southend Covid Conversations / Q&A sessions held regularly and are bookable via Eventbrite to attend on Zoom:
6th Jan 2021 – National Lockdown
Coronavirus Advice and Support from Southend Borough Council – find out more here.
Covid-19 vaccinations information