Coronavirus information page
Southend Carers is Virtually Open – Supporting You
Page updated 21st October 2020
The Southend Carers team are all working from home and look forward to hearing from you.
- email: email@example.com
- call: 01702 393933 (if you are asked to leave a message please include your name and telephone number, and we will call you back)
- register: if you wish to register with us – please click here
* Southend Carers office is currently closed to visitors as the SAVS building is shut due to Coronavirus health and safety measures *
- Counselling (face-to-face sessions) with Southend Carers is currently suspended – we are continuing to support through our Telephone Support Service, with a focus on the isolated, elderly and vulnerable – please contact us for further information.
- TrustLinks our partner charity also offers Counselling and Listening Support, please contact us for further information.
- Samaritans are available 24/7 call Freephone 116 123 or visit https://www.samaritans.org/
- The Silverline a confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people call Freephone 0800 4 70 80 90 or visit https://www.thesilverline.org.uk/
- Bookable Respite is available for unpaid adult carers (who are registered with us) and are caring for another adult. A break for a few hours in the daytime can be provided for an emergency, a hospital or GP appointment, urgent food shopping, medicine collection or similar reason within the Government’s rules on social distancing – please contact us.
One week’s notice is usually required for the first booking. Subsequent bookings usually require at least three days’ notice. This is not a regular or weekly service.
- Advocacy – If you require Southend Carers to make a referral on your behalf to our partner charities Citizens Advice Southend (CAS) or South Essex Advocacy Services (SEAS) – please contact us for further information.
Citizens Advice Southend can help with Employment, Benefits, Debt, Housing, Immigration or Universal Credit. You can call Citizens Advice Southend (CAS) directly on 01702 456352 or 01702 456354.
To visit the Young Carers page please click here
- Local COVID alert level for Southend
To understand the difference between the COVID alert level for Southend and the rest of Essex – find out more here.
- Get tested at new Coronavirus testing site in Southend-on-Sea
Anyone with coronavirus symptoms, however mild, can get a free swab test that takes less than a minute. Tests should be booked or ordered as soon as symptoms begin online or by calling 119 and you can expect your result the next day – find out more here.
- Are you or someone you care for exempt from wearing a face covering???
The Government webpage has a printable exemption card as well as all information about face coverings – find out more here.
- Local test and trace system launches in Essex and Southend-on-Sea
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and Essex County Council and are proud to announce that they have launched their local contact tracing service – find out more here.
Please click on an image for further information